Trump Update, 12/14/2016: President-Elect Trump has named yet another denier of the reality of global warming to his cabinet: Rep. Ryan Zinke, recipient of fossil fuel campaign donations, has been named to be the new Secretary of the Interior. 14 women have accused Donald Trump of sexual assault, and many more have reported various forms of harrassment. Donald Trump promised to release his tax returns 940 days ago, and still has not done so. Hillary Clinton’s popular vote lead over Donald Trump stands at 2,838,506 votes. President-Elect Donald Trump has gone 1 days without a Twitter rant and 140 days without a news conference. The last time Donald Trump promised a news conference, back in August 2016, he never held one.
- Popular vote count: Cook Political Report (Republican-leaning source) at http://cookpolitical.com/story/10174
- News conferences: Washington Post at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/22/heres-how-long-it-has-been-since-donald-trumps-last-press-conference/
- Donald Trump Twitter account: http://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
- Donald Trump’s new nominee for the Department of the Interior, Ryan Zimke: http://irregularnews.com/index.php/2016/12/14/yet-another-climate-denialist-in-trumps-swamp-cabinet-with-a-knife-in-his-teeth/
- Donald Trump promises on May 20, 2014 that “if I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely, and I would love to do that”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg-5KEt1Abg
- Women who have accused Donald Trump of assault and harrassment: http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/10/all-the-women-accusing-trump-of-rape-sexual-assault.html