Trump Daily Update, 12/13/2016: Hillary Clinton continues to expand her popular vote lead. Her popular vote lead grew over the weekend to a margin of 2,843,860 votes. President-Elect Donald Trump has gone 0 days without a Twitter rant and 139 days without a news conference. Donald Trump just canceled a news conference he promised for December 15; his representatives declare he’ll hold one in January some time, maybe. The last time Donald Trump promised a news conference, back in August 2016, he never held one. The No Religious Registry Act (H.R. 6382) has attracted more support, reaching 66 official congressional sponsors this week; nevertheless, the bill to prevent registration of Americans by religion still has not attracted a single Republican supporter. On the Neo-Nazi website Stormfront, there are 833 web pages featuring the text “Support Trump,” up by 31 pages in the past week.
- Popular vote count: Cook Political Report (Republican-leaning source) at http://cookpolitical.com/story/10174
- News conferences: Washington Post at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/22/heres-how-long-it-has-been-since-donald-trumps-last-press-conference/
- Trump news conference update: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferwang/2016/12/12/trump-postpones-press-conference-meant-to-address-conflict-of-interest-issues/
- H.R. 6382, the No Religious Registry Act: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/6382
- Donald Trump Twitter account: http://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
- Stormfront website page count comes from Google engine search (we refuse to link to Neo-Nazi websites).