Trump Daily Update, 12/6/2016: Hillary Clinton continues to expand her popular vote lead. Her popular vote lead grew by 89,966 votes over the weekend to a margin of 2,654,233 votes. President-Elect Donald Trump has gone 0 days without a Twitter rant and 132 days without a news conference. The No Religious Registry Act (H.R. 6382) has attracted additional support, tallying 50 official congressional sponsors; curiously, the bill to prevent registration of Americans by religion has not a single Republican supporter. National Park Service spokesman Mike Litterst notes that there has been a higher number of applications for demonstration permits surrounding Donald Trump’s inauguration day than for any other presidential inauguration.
- Popular vote count: Cook Political Report (Republican-leaning source) at http://cookpolitical.com/story/10174
- News conferences: Washington Post at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/22/heres-how-long-it-has-been-since-donald-trumps-last-press-conference/
- H.R. 6382, the No Religious Registry Act: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/6382
- Donald Trump Twitter account: http://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
- National Park Service notes record high number of permit applications for Donald Trump inauguration demonstrations: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Womens-March-National-Mall-403607766.html